Health & Safety
Scoperta Limited considers the health and safety of our employees to be of paramount importance and works towards continual improvement through training and assessment.
- We are committed to ensuring the safety of our employees, customers and anyone else affected by our business’ activities
- We take ultimate responsibility for health and safety in our business
- All our associates are responsible for taking care of their own health and safety and that of the people they work with
- We recognise the legal duties our business is bound by and we will provide a safe working environment, safe work equipment and safe methods of work
It is the policy of Scoperta Limited to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Furthermore Scoperta Limited will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
Scoperta Limited will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
Scoperta Limited is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. The overall responsibility for the policy lies with our Directors. However, all staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity.
Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.
Scoperta Limited aims to deliver the highest quality of service to its clients and demonstrate consistently high class of standards of professionalism.
All contracts will be delivered in accordance with all requirements and regulations of the Scottish Government.
At Scoperta, we believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
We aim to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance